2017: A New Year With New Possibilities-
Every single human being on this planet has a path and purpose to fulfill, whether they realize it or not. Whether it is fulfilled within your career, volunteer work, parenting, creating social change, or something else entirely, you too have a brilliant purpose and it's about time you found it.
This is Part I of some surefire ways to find your passion and live your purpose starting today.
1. List what you love and connect the dots. Identifying the things you absolutely love to do in life is the single best thing you can do to find your passion and purpose. It may not make sense at first, but all of the things you enjoy doing are part of your path in one form or another, so grab a pen and paper and start writing. By creating what I call a 'Love List', you get really clear on all of the things you love including foods, experiences, travel, and the things you love to do. Once you have your list, take a step back and see how all these brilliant pieces might connect to the work you are meant to do in the world. The key is to be open, honest, and to let your inspiration run wild. (Hint: The pieces may come together in a way you never dreamed, so keep an open mind.)
2. Identify what you do with ease. Often times our passion and purpose are staring us right in the face, but it's so natural to us, we don't think anything about it. What you do in your everyday life with ease is likely in some way connected to what you are meant to do in this life. Don't overlook the things that are easy for you because I guarantee, just because they are easy for you, doesn't mean that's the case for everyone else. By identifying what comes naturally to you, you have the ability to build on those strengths and help others in ways you never thought possible.
3. Look at your past. Many times the very struggles we've managed to move through in our lives become part of the tapestry that is our purpose. By looking at your past and the circumstances you've successfully moved through, you have a perspective that many people in the world do not. You can then use that experience to help others who are just starting out on a similar journey and make a huge impact in world. What part of your life story do you feel passionate about? That's usually a clue as to what your bigger purpose might be.
4. Play like a child. As adults we tend to forget about the joy and freedom we felt as a child. When you were younger you likely had a wild imagination and were open to any and all possibilities about what you could be. Whether it was being a singing and dancing firefighter or the teacher who also saved the world, you never once questioned the reality of your dreams. You simply allowed your imagination and heart to guide you. It's time to spark up your creativity and get dreamy again by tapping into your inner child. Get out of your head for a bit and into your heart and go have some good old-fashioned fun. For that is usually where you will find your major 'aha' moments that will lead you to amazing ideas and ultimately your purpose.
5. Do what makes you happy...all of it. Finding your passion is directly related to doing the things that light you up and set your soul on fire. If it makes you happy to sing, write, and build things then go do it! If you love to teach, run, and host live events then please, do it all! Who says your life purpose has to be just one thing? Human beings by nature have multiple interests and to feel like you have to choose one thing goes against the very freedom you likely desire. You are meant to experience life and all that it has to offer, so don't limit yourself to just one thing. Try lots of things and do what makes you happy. Therein lies the path to your true purpose.
6. Ask others to help. If you are still feeling stuck in finding your passion and purpose in life, it might be time to ask others for help. As your own worst critic, it can be difficult for you to see where you truly shine because you are simply too close to connect the dots on your own. Friends, family members, and professionals (like coaches) have a view that you don't and they can help you see things within yourself that will lead you to do not only what you love, but also what you are meant to do.
Passion and purpose go hand-in-hand, so when you are struggling to find your purpose get back to what brings you joy and in no time you will be making a difference while also living a life you love.
Let's keep the conversation going. What do you find is the most difficult part of finding your passion and living your purpose?
Lamisha Serf-Walls is a life coach for women who are ready to live an amazing life on their own terms, but feel held-back and frustrated in how to make that happen. Her mission is to create a community of empowered, free flowing, lovers of life who live a life of freedom with ease and inspire others to do the same. You can learn more about Lamisha and what she offers by visiting her Online, on Facebook, or Twitteror grab her free audio 5 Ways to Break Free From Stuck.
12/30/2022 04:09:28 pm
This is awesomme
Leave a Reply.